Climate change and digitalization are the greatest challenges of our time. And, innovation is the solution. But it has never been so important to take action on the basis of good data. MAPEGY's mission is to help organizations improve tomorrow with today’s data. More than 40 of the world's most innovative companies such as Bosch, Continental, Daimler, LG, Mitsubishi Chemicals or Sony are building a better and sustainable future with us.
Founded in 2012 we are a team of 20 data-scientists, software engineers and experts dedicated to the collection and provision of innovation & trend insights for decision-makers. We are bootstrapped, independent and profitable - driven by the idea to promote sustainable innovation with our visualized data that makes a difference!
To keep the growing ship on course, join us as an analytical, strategic and communicative
Chief Operating Officer (m/f/d).
As the COO of MAPEGY you join the CEO as a counterpart in leading the organization both to the outside and inside. In this context the role of the CEO concentrates on the visionary and strategic aspects including culture and opportunity seeking, while the role of the COO focuses on the integrational aspects: harmonically integrating and leading all major business functions towards the strategic focus of MAPEGY.
You directly report to the CEO while the operational leadership team is reporting to you. The relationship between the CEO and COO additionally is minted by challenging each other in a fruitful way with the goal to make the best possible decisions as a closely connected team - balancing each other's strengths and weaknesses.
Together with the CEO you build an organization of excellence following a sustainable growth strategy.
Do what you love!
- You are accountable for managing our day-to-day operations and formulating our operational strategy. You provide the leadership necessary to grow the business sustainably.
- You ensure that the company runs in a financially growing and operationally efficient and effective manner. You love a results driven culture built on top of healthy processes and educated by smart analysis of numbers.
- You are also accountable for finance and support fundraising.
- You love to define, implement and document processes so that they can run without you and you can move on to new challenges or projects. You automate all things that can be repeated and have hands on the latest software to scale.
- You ensure effective people management so that the right people do the right jobs, including recruiting, hiring, training and development, fair salaries and benefits, payroll, and performance management.
- You are accountable for an effective management reporting system which brings together uptodate facts from all areas of the company for more informed decision making.
- Your credo: Intelligence paired with discipline and passionate work leads to success.
- You are a very analytical and organized leader
- with high decision-making and motivational skills,
- who recognizes obstacles and threats before they escalate, and
- gets things done.
- You are exceptionally integer with the ability to stay true to your own cause and purpose while incorporating the opinions, needs, and feedback of others.
- You are goal and result-oriented. You are determined, focused and demanding.
- You have a positive mindset and enjoy challenges. You want to grow!
- You can identify with our core values: trusting in data, always sharing information, standing united, believing in tomorrow.
Show your power!
- You have deep knowledge of strategy, finance and people operations in fast growing organizations. You have at least 3 years experience in an executive role e.g. as the Head of Operations, Finance, or COO at a startup, or senior manager at a grown startup. Experience in the SaaS B2B Enterprise business is beneficial.
- It is of primary importance that you have experience in growing and leading teams as well as leading and empowering people. You have proven ability to lead organizational change, with a keen sense for getting to an enduring result and through a process that strengthens trust and organizational relationships.
- You have proven ability to leverage financial and operational metrics to drive organizational decisions and achieve strategic objectives.
- You have a track record of successfully meeting or exceeding organizational targets, achieving ambitious goals, and driving significant impact.
- You have excellent communication skills in English and German.
- You are a creative and flexible digital native with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.
What awaits you?
In 3 words: fun, growth, and appreciation!
At MAPEGY, we believe that creating a better future is up to those who are willing to take bold steps and constantly innovate the status-quo. We drive sustainable development by walking through the world with an open eye and curious mind. We fundamentally believe that fact-based innovation will make tomorrow a better place for everyone.
- We are a remote-first company with an office in the ♥ of Berlin. We will support all your private plans as soon as you have fully familiarized yourself. Achieve your goals, enjoy freedom and self-management.
- You work with the CEO at eye level, challenging each other in a closely connected team. You will never be alone, we are a cool multicultural team. We meet regularly. Our collaborative environment is fun!
- Your development is very important to us. That's the only way we all grow. You have a key role and responsibility in an ambitious company. The sky's the limit!
- We love what we do. We develop AI that measures and visualizes innovation and challenges traditional market and consulting firms. You'll work with the brightest minds on one of the core challenges of our time: sustainable innovation.
- You get a competitive salary, stock options - grow with us and our success.
You think this job is perfect for you?
We look forward to meeting you! 😍