Climate change and digitalization are the greatest challenges of our time. And, innovation is the solution. But it has never been so important to take action on the basis of good data. MAPEGY's mission is to help organizations improve tomorrow with today’s data. More than 40 of the world's most innovative companies such as Bosch, Continental, Daimler, LG, Mitsubishi Chemicals or Sony are building a better and sustainable future with us.
Founded in 2012 we are a team of 20 data-scientists, software engineers and experts dedicated to the collection and provision of innovation & trend insights for decision-makers. We are bootstrapped, independent and profitable - driven by the idea to promote sustainable innovation with our visualized data that makes a difference!
To keep the growing data warehouse on course, join us as an
Data Quality Engineer (m/f/d).
Your job is to provide continuous automated and manual testing of data sets for use in internal data systems and for delivery from internal systems to MAPEGY's products. You work in the team for data management and backend development, in close collaboration with the Principal Data Engineer.
Do what you love!
- You write testing plans and routines, set up a data profiling framework, and evaluate and report the fitness of the data at various stages of the ETL processes.
- You assess and troubleshoot specific content quality issues reported by customers.
- You work with the product owner and development leads to create testing strategies.
- You work with data engineers to develop automated tests.
- You design, monitor, and maintain QA reports, KPIs & quality trends for the internal data systems (e.g. data profiling dashboards).
- You create test plans and test cases, execute and automate them, and perform bug tracking.
- You help create and implement quality processes and requirements.
- You curate data and maintain data collections.
- You scout for and evaluate data sources.
- Your credo: Intelligence paired with discipline and passionate work leads to success.
- You are an analytical and organized leader
- with high decision-making skills,
- who recognizes obstacles and threats before they escalate, and
- gets things done.
- You are a person of integrity with the ability to stay true to your own cause and purpose while incorporating the opinions, needs, and feedback of others.
- You are goal and result-oriented. You are determined, focused and demanding.
- You have a positive mindset and enjoy challenges. You want to grow!
- You can identify with our core values: trusting in data, always sharing information, standing united, believing in tomorrow.
Show your power!
- strong data literacy.
- highly skilled in reading and writing SQL queries.
- solid skills in descriptive and exploratory data analysis, data visualization.
A strong plus:
- experience with PostgreSQL.
- experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau) or data profiling tools.
- experience dealing with large diverse data sets.
- familiarity with PL/pgSQL.
- familiarity with Python.
- knowledgeable about industry data compliance strategies and practices.
- Bachelors/Masters in computer science/information systems, Masters in another STEM discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years experience with data management systems, or 2+ years experience with data management systems in high-compliance contexts.
What awaits you?
In 3 words: fun, growth, and appreciation!
At MAPEGY, we believe that creating a better future is up to those who are willing to take bold steps and constantly innovate the status-quo. We drive sustainable development by walking through the world with an open eye and curious mind. We fundamentally believe that fact-based innovation will make tomorrow a better place for everyone.
- We are a remote-first company with an office in the ♥ of Berlin. We will support all your private plans as soon as you have fully familiarized yourself. Achieve your goals, enjoy freedom and self-management.
- You will never be alone, we are a cool multicultural team. We meet regularly. Our collaborative environment is fun!
- Your development is very important to us. That's the only way we all grow. You have a key role and responsibility in an ambitious company. The sky's the limit!
- We love what we do. We develop AI that measures and visualizes innovation and challenges traditional market and consulting firms. You'll work with the brightest minds on one of the core challenges of our time: sustainable innovation.
- You get a competitive salary - grow with us and our success.
You think this job is perfect for you?
We look forward to meeting you! 😍