IT System Administrator/Engineer (f/m/d)
Excited to work with computer systems at scale? We are looking for a System Administrator to join our team of data-driven innovation experts who challenge the status quo of market research companies and consultants.
June 16, 2021
Your job: As a key player in our IT Operations team you will make sure that our IT systems run reliably and you will improve the infrastructure that our services are built upon. As an example, you will be in charge of the “Global InnovationGraph”, a large PostgreSQL database and core component of MAPEGY’s secret sauce, capturing and connecting millions of new publications, organizations and experts weekly.
In 3 words: Fun, growth, and appreciation!
- We are a remote-first company made with ♥ in Berlin! Enjoy freedom and self-management. Important is that you achieve your objectives.
- You will never be alone, we are a team and family. We meet at least once a month (and hopefully even more often as soon as Corona allows it again). Our creative and collaborative environment is pretty fun!
- Your growth is crucial. We support you with training, you can work on your own ideas that will advance you, our team and product, you can connect with other company divisions.
- We love what we do. Our AI measures and visualizes innovation worldwide and challenges traditional consulting, market and desktop research.
- You are important to the success of the company. Take on a key role in a company with great ambitions and a cool team to grow with.
- You administer, configure and maintain our IT systems (hardware, networks, OS, virtualization, software/databases, software components, DNS etc.).
- You coordinate with the CTO, software architects, and administrators from all departments.
- You take care of system monitoring, log analytics and reporting.
- You are responsible for system and network security.
- You lead our incident response and disaster recovery.
- You are in charge of load and performance testing.
Your experience and skills
- You are an expert with computer/network systems and database technologies and have experience with:
- Database system administration (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Linux shell scripting
- Monitoring systems (e.g. Zabbix, ELK Stack)
- You have profound knowledge of Linux system administration.
- You have dealt with and worked through outages and/or challenges in critical and data-heavy systems.
- You have a deep understanding of current cybersecurity threats.
- English: very good command (≥ B2)
Nice to have:
- Experience with some of these systems/applications/languages: AWS, Jelastic, Zabbix, Kibana, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, MariaDB/MySQL, WordPress, Nginx, PHP, Python, Tableau, Airflow, Google Workspace
Please send your application with a resume, relevant certificates, cover/motivation letter, and an indication of the earliest possible starting date to email@example.com.