Alessia Gaspodini
·
December 18, 2021

Marching towards a greener economy

The United Nations Conference on Climate Change (COP26) is a real eye-opener, especially in terms of why so many countries have subsidies on fossil fuels and coal, despite the fact that they significantly contribute to global warming and climate change.

Today, 80 percent of all energy demands for industry, mobility, and heating buildings are met primarily by burning fossil fuels, with the remaining 20 percent met by electricity. For the longest time, fossil fuels have been cheap and accessible, making electricity a pricier source of energy. However, cost-cutting initiatives in the electric power industry are underway, and electricity could overtake fossil-based combustion fuels by the mid-century, making it the cheapest energy by 2050. 

According to the International Energy Outlook 2021, which forecasts future energy trends based on present laws and regulations, worldwide energy demand will increase by 50% between 2020 and 2050, with renewable energy consumption growing the fastest among energy sources through 2050. A recent study from a quick SCOUT search suggested that there will be a shift in the energy demand of residential buildings, with self-sufficient buildings emerging as a result of the adoption of a more sustainable energy supply with seasonal energy thermal energy sources. Solar photovoltaic (PV) systems and solar thermal collectors are key renewable energy sources for generating electricity and heat. With a 20 percent installation capacity, this form of energy is the world's fastest growing renewable energy technology.

Have a look at the following summary and dive into the up-to-date dashboard:

The volume of news, research, and patents for the solar photovoltaic (PV) systems 

The Trend Charts below show the increasing volume of news, research and patents for the solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. 

 

Trend Charts (1)

 

The latest trends of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems

The search provided an extensive list on the trends for solar photovoltaic (PV) system like dye-sensitized solar cell, perovskite solar cell, photovoltaic transparent glass, and so on. The second on the list, the Perovskite solar cell, is a great hope for boosting solar module efficiency in the future and is the focus of several research initiatives, one of which was conducted by scientists from the Helmholtz Institute Erlangen-Nuremberg at Forschungszentrum Jülich. They have revealed a version that stands out for its exceptional stability throughout a prolonged service life.

Trends (1)

Drive Innovation Smarter and Faster
in the Digital Era.

Transform your enterprise with cutting-edge AI insights. Enhance decision-making, uncover market trends, and drive growth with real-time, automated intelligence.

100x Faster Insights

70% Cost Cut

Uncover Game-changing Patterns